10.5.1 APPM Policy Documentation
Administrative Responsibility: Vice President, Finance and Business Operations
To provide a standardized format for APPM policies.
This policy covers all employees involved in APPM policy-making or revision processes.
- APPM – Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual
- When drafting policy and procedure documentation, refer to 10.5.2 APPM Policy Template for standardized formatting. Policy documentation will follow the APPM Policy Template. When copying content into the new template, the "Paste – Keep Source Formatting" option may be used to maintain original formatting; however, the font should be set to Calibri (Body) size 10. The sections listed below are included in the policy template and may not be removed. Indicate "N/A" if not applicable.
- TITLE – Identify the policy number and name. New policies will have a number assigned by the APPM Policy Committee
- ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITY – should reflect the position, not the name of the individual responsible for interpreting and revising the policy.
- PURPOSE – Describe the purpose of the policy and procedure.
- SCOPE – Identify the employee group(s) potentially impacted by the policy.
- DEFINITIONS – Define key terms and phrases used in the policy.
- POLICY – Provide a formal statement outlining the ways in which the organization intends to conduct its affairs and act in specific circumstances.
- PROCEDURE – Identify required actions listed by responsible party.
- APPENDICES – List documents by title that supplement the policy.
- RELATED UNIVERSITY/BOARD POLICIES – List any related University/Board policies by number and title, or enter "N/A" if not applicable.
- EFFECTIVE DATE – the date the policy was first put into effect.
- REVISED DATE – the date the policy was last revised (reviewed with changes). If there is a delay between revision and implementation, this section should reflect the date the revised version became effective.
- REVIEWED DATE – the last date the policy was reviewed without revision (mm/dd/yyyy). (Each policy should be reviewed at least every 3 years, and revised as necessary to reflect current process.)
- TO BE REVIEWED BY – should reflect the position, not the name of the individual, responsible for interpreting and revising the policy.
- NEXT REVIEW BY DATE – the date the policy will next be reviewed. This date must be, at maximum, 3 years from the last revised or last reviewed date.
- SUPERSEDES – the title (number and name) of any policy that has been replaced by the current policy.
- HISTORICAL DATES – an ongoing list of all revision dates (mm/dd/yyyy). When a new date is entered in the Revised Date section, the previous date is moved to this section.
- The use of tables is strongly discouraged.
- The APPM Policy Template will be used to create a new policy and when revising an existing policy that has not been converted to the new layout.
- When copying content into the new template, the "Paste – Keep Source Formatting" option may be used to maintain original formatting; however, the font should be set to Calibri (Body) size 10.
- Avoid the use of tables.
RELATED UNIVERSITY/BOARD POLICIES
- 99-1 University Policy-Making Processes
Effective Date: 4/23/2018
Revised Date: N/A
Reviewed Date: N/A
To be reviewed, at minimum, every three years and/or revised as needed by: Vice President, Finance and Business Operations
Next Review By Date: 4/23/2021
- 10.5.1.1 Writing Style Guidelines
- 10.5.1.2 Procedure Formatting Guidelines
- 10.5.1.3 Manual Format