1.7.3 Prior Approval Required to Collect University Funds
- Completing the Application to Establish a Cash Collection Center, E-commerce Website or Stand-alone Merchant Terminal form to include the following information:
- Department/Unit Name
- Department/Unit Address
- Primary Contact Name, Phone Number and E-mail address
- Indicate whether website currently exists or needs to be created
- Describing why the Cash Collection Center, E-commerce Website and/or Stand-alone Merchant Terminal is needed, what products or services will be offered and when you would like to begin accepting online payments;
- Signature of the Department/Unit Head, Fiscal/Business Manager and/or Dean or Division Vice President;
- Submitting completed application to the Cashier's Office;
- Agreeing to comply with all provisions of the Cash Collection Center, E-commerce Website and/or Stand-alone Merchant Terminal Policy & Procedures;
- Agreeing to utilize the standard E-commerce platform provided by the university to secure online payment information;
- Agreeing to comply with all online banking and merchant credit card regulations including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) in the Appendix of this APPM.
- Engaging Marketing or Computing and Information Technology Offices (C&IT) if needed, in the creation or refinement of the department/unit website;
- Contacting the Office of the Controller to establish account numbers to record the revenue (if needed);
- Developing written procedures to document appropriate internal controls for the collection of University funds and annual training of staff engaged in Cash Collection, E-commerce or Stand-alone Merchant Terminal processing (see Section 1.7.4 of the APPM on Internal Controls);
- Assuming responsibility and liability for the security of all sensitive data, including any monetary loss suffered by the university due to theft or improper use of customers' credit card or bank account information.
Schools/Colleges/Divisions should forward the completed Application to Establish a Cash Collection Center, E-commerce Website and/or Stand-alone Merchant Terminal to the Cashier's Office for review. The Cashier's Office will schedule a time to meet with the department's representatives to review their request and determine the best solution for the application. If the request can be met using either the eMarket checkout or storefront product, the Cashier's Office will take the lead in assisting Schools/Colleges/Divisions in developing their application. If the request requires a more custom solution, Marketing or C&IT will also need to be consulted to develop the application.
Forms are available at the Cashier Office website:
The Cashier's Office is also available for consultation and review of departmental procedures. Schools/Colleges/Divisions are responsible for training designated employees in cash handling policies and procedures.