Transfer Request


A principal investigator may request a transfer of budget allocations between expenditure categories within an account. The method to make this transfer will have to be reviewed on an account basis to determine if internal or external approval is necessary.

Internal Approval

A memorandum addressed to the associate director in Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.

External Approval

A letter addressed to the appropriate official at the sponsoring agency countersigned by the associate director in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.

Both transfer requests should state a justification for the transfer and the amount of allocations to be transferred.