5.2.1 Request For Maintenance Work


Repairs and maintenance of university buildings are performed by Facilities Planning and Management (FPM) personnel without charge to the requesting department. The preferred method is to report the need for repair to the designated Building Coordinator, who will notify FPM Service Center. During business hours from Monday thru Friday, emergency conditions can be reported directly to 577-4315; if after the business hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on weekends, call Public Safety at 577-2222.




Schools, Colleges Division and Units

  1. Contact Building Coordinator to call FPM with maintenance/repair request or complete Maintenance Work Request, form 3302, and send to FPM.

    • NOTE: Do not use General Improvements Request Form (GIRF), form 3303.
  2. Supply room number, contact person, extension, and description.

Facilities Planning and Management

  1. Log call in and record all information.

  2. Enter information into computer to produce numbered maintenance work order.

  3. Refer problem to building operating engineer for repair or referral to appropriate trade.

  4. Confirm to Building Coordinator that work was completed.