In accordance with State of Michigan statutes, a police report must be filed for accidents involving personal injury and/or $400.00 or more in property damage (see section,Vehicle Body Repair). In addition, all accidents involving a State-owned daily or permanent rental vehicle are to be reported immediately and personally by the driver to his/her supervisor and to Maintenance Assistance Program (M.A.P.). Failure to report accidents may result in denial of future vehicle use. Drivers involved in more than two (2) accidents may be denied future vehicle use.





  1. Notify supervisor and Maintenance Assistance Program (M.A.P.) personally by telephone of the accident.

  2. File Accident Report to M.A.P. by phone within twenty-four (24) hours of the accident.

  3. Follow the instructions received from Maintenance Assistance Program (M.A.P.).