3.0.20 University Service Credit (New as of 6/28/13)
- Graduate Assistant/Graduate Research Assistant
- Part-Time Faculty
Changes after Separation
If university policies, with respect to any benefits outlined in this policy has changed since the date of separation, the new policy, rather than the policy at the time of separation, will be applied to the returning employee.
Returning employees may be required, at the discretion of the university, to serve a new probationary period. No employee has any right or entitlement to return to university employment after separating for any reason from university service.
Service Credit Calculations
Service credit calculations are based on an employee’s complete months worked. (9) nine-month faculty assignments are equivalent to (1) one service year.
Benefits for Prior Service Credit
Former eligible employees who return to the university within (3) three years of their departure are eligible to:
Have their vacation accrual rate determined according to prior years of service;
- Have their illness bank restored at the level in effect at the time of separation; and
- Receive credit for earlier service toward eligibility for the university's 403(b) contributory retirement plan as well as the long-term disability (LTD) insurance plan
- Receive credit toward eligibility for retirement from the university
- Receive credit toward vesting under the 403(b) Retirement Plan.
- Vacation time is accrued from the first full pay period following the employee’s return date and may be used immediately. Illness time may be used immediately upon restoration.
If the employee held more than one position in the previous (3) three years, the most recent position that he/she occupied prior to his/her departure from the university will be used to determine the calculations for the above listed policy items (1) through (5).
Human Resources/Total Compensation and Wellness