3.0.9 Employment of Minors


Persons who are less than 18 years of age and who have not graduated from high school must have a work permit issued by the appropriate board of education. Employment Services is responsible for ensuring that permits are obtained by the applicant prior to the individual starting to work.




Employing Unit/ Employment Services

  1. Direct any candidate who is less than 18 years of age and who has not graduated from high school to the appropriate Board of Education for a Work Permit.


  1. Present Work Permit to Employing Unit for completion and certification.

Employing Unit

  1. Verify classification, rate of pay and hours of work on Work Permit.


  1. Bring approved and verified Work Permit to university Personnel Office for pre-employment interview and processing.


  1. Verify the accuracy of the Work Permit. Services